Prepare the home for listing and for the buyer’s home inspection to avoid unwanted delays! Here are some helpful things that should be done right away:
1. Clean out gutters. Make sure all downspouts drain water away from the home.
2. Cut tree limbs/bushes 24” away from the home.
3. Replace any rotten wood on the exterior.
4. Repair any active plumbing leaks.
5. Repair any active roof leaks.
6. Fix small issues: doors/windows that don’t operate properly, non-working appliances, etc.
7. Make sure all lights/ceiling fans operate.
8. Ensure smoke/carbon monoxide detectors work.
9. Move items that are blocking access for inspection.
10. Unlock gates, doors, attics, and crawl spaces.
11. Ensure all utilities/gas pilot lights are on.
12. Get the HVAC serviced. Clean/replace the filters.
13. Repair any minor issues that you are capable of handling.
14. Provide reports/receipts for past inspections or repair work completed.